Mother in law said she does not see marriage working out to daughter. Daughter is going thru marriage troubles and long story but how can a mother say that and not try and help her to work it out. I think that is CRAZY!

Mother in law said she does not see marriage working out to daughter. Daughter is going thru marriage troubles and long story but how can a mother say that and not try and help her to work it out. I think that is CRAZY! This is the first time that has even been known that they are now having troubles after 5 years of marriage. Do people not believe in for better or worse any more. I can understand if he would never change... but we have no idea. He has admitted they need couseling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm just guessing that mother in law hasn't ever thought she was good enough to be married to her son. She's doing the Snoopy dance that they are having trouble.

If her son complains about his marriage to his mom it will make it worse. He needs to keep marriage trouble to himself and his wife.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It's not her job to help her work it out. It's best MIL stay out of it and let the daughter and hubby work it out on their own.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have long held the theory that if you aren't going to at least be supportive don't stick your nose in. MIL is probably trying to break them up, like the 1st. poster said.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009