Acid reflux?

My 5 month old has had acid reflux since she was born. The doctor put her on medicine to help the spitting up. She still spits up at every feeding but its only when I burp her instead of hours after I feed her. It seems like I always have to have a bib on her. I was just wondering if anyone elses child has this same problem.

allamerican4464

Asked by allamerican4464 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well spitting up is normal, as long as she's not in pain and it gaining weight I wouldn't worry abou it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son had acid reflux, and he too was prescribed medication. However, spitting up is extremely common with babies. I call it a wet overspill burp.. which is honestly what it is.
    It'll pass though. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Or a VERP, (vomit, burp) lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• As long as she doesn't seem to have any discomfort with the spitting up, I wouldn't worry. If she does seem uncomfortable, the meds might need to be adjusted.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• meds dont really stop the spitting. My ds is on prevacid because he would projectile vomit and scream for hours. He is doing so much better but still spits up a lot.
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 8:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009