I been treing to find an answer to: How much formula would I get if I Breast feed and formula feed and did WIC support it and what would I get if I just breast feed this is the answer I talked to my wic office today.

Ok I went to a WIC Apt. today to redo my WIC checks for next month I found out their adding some kool new things like light bread,fresh veggies, can veggies, canned tuna and salmon,and flour tortillas, and extra milk more than before.

They also added baby food to go witht he formula and rice cereal its really kool its effective next month:).

I decided since I was their I would talk to someone about breast feeding/formula feeding , formula feeding , and breast feeding alone and what I would get this is what I found out:

BREAST/FORMULA : If you decide to do breast feeding and formula feeding you have to breast feed for the first 6weeks to get the milk going and get the stuff your baby needs she said you will produce about a TSP of Colostrum for the first couple of weeks and about the same for breast milk. I will be adding deatails tot his one.

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• marking this so I can come back and read the rest.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• WIC does support brest and formula feeding you wont get a full amount of formula though you will get Three cans of formula if you do both. You can start pumping she said about 6weeks as well. You will get a lil more on your wic checks food wise not as much though

BREAST FEEDING ONLY: Breastfeeding only is cheaper she said and does not cost as much she said their is a support goup for both breast/formula and brestfeeding mama's. You get a spechial as well with loads of extra food added to your WIC checks you got. You will also get one can of formula to.

Formula only: You wont get no increase in foods or nothign like that but you get all the formula as you would before:).

I hope I helped some and that was what I was told by the health departments:) good luck mama's
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sorry about the mispelled words I am on my laptop and the keys are kinda small I went to go fix it but its already locked:( I hope I helped if you dont understand something feel free to write me on I will be glade to answer any questines. Sorry about the mispelled words:(.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Also if your baby is born EARLY and has to stay in the NICU, WIC will LOAN you a hospital grade pump, if you are breastfeeding and a SAHM they will give a manuel pump, and if you are going back to work they give you an electric pump. I know that WIC was very helpful when my kids were born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Here in Texas WIC has a new program where they will GIVE you a $250 breast pump, that is yours to keep forever...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• humm that ssome usful info as well I thought this would be a great way to let others know as well i have some friends who was confused its just nice to know if anyone else knows anything feel free to post about it.:)
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009