can I mix a little baby food (fruit) with formula and put in my babies bottle. my baby is 8 months?

My baby is breast milk and formula as supplement, but she stopped to take bottle two weeks ago, I have triad differents formula but she still refusing to take one. A friend advise me give her formula mix with a little little baby food (fruit) to change a little the taste. Any advise, thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uuumm no.... for 1. gross for 2. if cereal is a choking hazard that is worse, your child is 8 months why can you not spoon feed this to your child?
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 4:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You should feed by hand instead, not in bottle, but you can give fruit babyfood and mix with cereal in baby bowl.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• no, no , no no no no no no.

I totally agree with pp.
    it is never safe to put anything other than formula, juice, milk, water, in a bottle.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• you dont add food to water. one because the chance of aspirating, and bc then baby has a harder time deciding if they're full, and may stuff themself. be thankful that baby doesnt want the bottle, start trying sippy cups or straw cups instead. my brothers both refused bottles, but took right away to straws.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Is there a reason you NEED to use a bottle/formula? If not, I'd say just nurse and spoon feed after. I would not recommend any type of food in a bottle. Can I get a scenario? Does she refuse bottle from you, or everyone? Are you able to pump at all?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Are you feeding your baby pureed food? Your Pedi should've given you the 'go ahead' to start feeding your child pureed food at four months old. At eight months your child should be onto stage two of pureed foods and only drinking bottles/breast feeding in addition to his meal, rather then as a meal. Your child refusing the bottle may be a sign that it isn't satisfying and he is looking for something more filling. I would suggest testing our pureed foods with your child. If you're already on pureed foods with him, then maybe upping the oz's that he gets or switching to the next stage.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Don't put it all in to a bottle.. Spoon feed your baby...Just mix the baby food, cereal and formula....
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No, that's a choking hazard. At 8 months they can be spoon fed.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 7:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The Peds say no....choking hazard
    bmorton

Answer by bmorton at 10:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Lol. Its no wonder you see all these moms running around like chickens without heads, and with leashes attached to their babies!!!

The answer to your question is yes and no.
    No if you just throw the fruit in and are using it to supplement his her meal.
    YES if you BLEND it in with bottle (a piece or two or a teaspoon or two of pureed) Our babies need all the nutrients they can get at that age and some are more picky than others... Blending a piece of fruit or pureed fruit with cereal or bottle is not only safe but yummy. And yes its pedi approved-my pedi at least. My grandma did it, my mom did it and i continue the trend. :) I have a healthy and strong 8mo old. Remember key word is blended!!! To prevent all the mentioned chocking hazards.
    No I'm not a doctor or nutritionist, I'm just a mom like the rest of you who just wants a healthy and happy baby.
    God Bless

Love1baby7

Answer by Love1baby7 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2013