does anyone else always post anonymously just because you are afraid other moms will start bashing you out of no where?

sometimes i post anonymously because i want to ask something kind of embarrassing but usually it's because i'm afraid someone will be mean. :( it's sad isn't it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It's sad babe but not on your part. It's sad when anyone feels like they can't share their opinions or a story or ask a question because of the bashing that goes on here. I never post anonymous, probaly because I just don't care what the trolls say. You shouldn't have to feel like this but I understand why basically everyone is posting anonymous now. It's a bit ridiculous and uncalled for. But look on the bright side, it's entertaining. If you look at the trolls as nothing more than entertainment, then you won't take anything personal that they say.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• ya it sucks that this place has to be like high school too. but ok honestly when you get a large group of women together anywhere it turns out like that. still not ok i think. i dont usually, but if i am a lil embarrassed i will. other than that i dont care about the bashing, in fact it seems if i just say someones going to bash me, i get it less.....weird huh? anyway i wont bash you! i'm not that kind of person, i'm usually the one standing up for the poster. esp if they get them for spelling, who cares if we understand the question, w/e.......well ya here's me adding to your vent lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Bash away baby! I just report them and they get kicked off the site. There ARE rules here ya know. Dont ever let some moron on the internet intimidate you dear. People are mean cruel and stupid and use the internet to bash other's to feel good about themselves. WHY hide who you are? unless your embarassed about yourself, or what others will think of you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If your not paying my bills or sleeping with me I could care less what you think of me. Its my opinion and in the end it really only matters to me. Bash away.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 6:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have posted annon a time or two. But only when i knew that anything i said would be bashed and i would get crap said to or about me because of what i said. I hate that there are some people on here that just love to bash the hell out of other people. This is a site for moms to help each other. This is cafemom, not highschool...
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 11:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do sometimes but that is because there are a few on here that love to tell me Im racist just because Im southern raised.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes Sweetheart that IS sad!! I NEVER post anything I say without putting my name (or at least my avatar) on it. It isn't because I'm so proud of the things I say--sometimes yes, sometimes no--it's because I stand as ONE opinion in a world filled with opinions and mine may not be the same as any other, but it is no less important. Neither is YOURS!
    If someone attacks you for an opinion, it says far more about THEM than it will ever say about you! People come to their opinions through life experiences. Discounting someone's opinion is also discounting their life experience that brought her to it and no one has that right! Just because someone might be mean to you about your opinion, does that change your mind about it? If not, then let them go pound dirt if they don't like what you have to say. Say it LOUD, say it PROUD! and SIGN IT every once in a while! AAHH..the freedom... Good luck Hon
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 7:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I could care less what someone thinks of me. My feet will still hit the floor tomorrow morning reguardless of someones nasty opinion.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Your situation is exactly why there is a anon option to begin with and the exact reason why it won't be removed.

It isn't even just because you should be afraid of bashing. Sometimes there are family members who are also a part of CM or other similar situations. Posting anon is a great way to protect yourself. If everyone would just report the abusers then they would go away. They aren't anon to the team.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009