Does breastfeeding energize your toddler too?

My baby is 11 1/2 months. My "routine" before naps/bedtime is breastfeeding her. This has worked as a nice calming way to get her to sleep. However, lately, she's just getting up after feeding and wants to crawl around and play.
Mind you, she is rubbing eyes/yawning before I start feeding her so she's obviously tired. However the feeding seems to have energized her instead of getting her ready for sleep.
Has anyone else run into this problem?
How did you handle it?
Do I let her play some more and break the routine? Or just let her get mad that she can't play anymore and put her to bed anyway?
Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!!!

annekeandsydney

Asked by annekeandsydney at 4:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes it seems my 15month old had ran into this problem also,i have her down to one feeding a night now when she oges to bed.if u feed her befor nap,let her get up and play if she wants,but when u feed her at night,rock her and stuff,dont let her get up.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my son does that before bed no matter if he nurses or not. i think he knows he's about to go to bed and tries to distract us and let him stay up longer. my son is 13 mo.
    i've never noticed after nursing that he gets more energized.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2009