How can I get my son from coming and sleeping with us at night?

My son keeps coming into our room and says he's scared but i think his making up excuses. does any one have any advice?

Tigeress444

Asked by Tigeress444 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put him in bed at bedtime and read him a story. if you dont have a nightlight, get one. if he comes into your room take him back to his bed and say "bedtime" the first couple times, after that if he keeps getting up you don't say anything at all, just keep putting him back in his bed, it may take 20 times but he will eventually stay in bed. you have to be consistant and show them you're not giving up and he needs to stay in his own bed.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• shut and lock your bedroom door.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Show him where he is to sleep. Then tell him you do not sleep with me and daddy. then shut and lock your door at night. Tell him if my bedroom door is locked, just go back to bed.

Answer by louise2 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You could put a baby gate at his door! This way you come to him and can put him back to bed!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2009