Too late?

The house just included a measure to strip ACORN of all federal funding in the student aid bill they passed today. If the senate passes it ACORN will no longer get any federal money for anything, not just housing. 75 Dems voted against it - will that be enough to save the rest who approved it or is it too little too late?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=alHxUmFKCLC8

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Good maybe now they can stop breaking into foreclosed houses, claiming it is still rightfully theirs.They can stop giving hookers tax advice. They can stop helping illegals get loans. So I think this will help a lot with some of this corruption, now hopefully ACORN will stop lobbing for health care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The House vote comes just days after the Senate voted 83-7 to block ACORN from receiving federal housing grants. With these votes, 80% of the members of Congress have weighed in to block ACORN from receiving any more taxpayer dollars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Cool!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• That's too bad for the many families they helped
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Acorn housing

National non-profit ACORN Housing has been providing free housing counseling to low and moderate income homebuyers since 1987. We have opened HUD-certified, Fannie Mae-approved housing counseling offices across the US, helping over 50,000 families to achieve homeownership.

ACORN Housing provides one-on-one mortgage loan counseling, first-time homebuyer classes, and helps clients obtain affordable mortgages through our unique lending partnerships.

We look at your savings and credit history to see if you qualify for a mortgage. We can help you with credit problems and to create a downpayment savings plan.

When you qualify, we can help arrange a mortgage with lower interest rates, lower down payments and lower settlement costs than what banks usually offer.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yeah....too bad they couldn't get those 13 yr old prostitutes here FOR REAL! I mean getting someone a house is WAY more important. We should let the other slide......Oh and I am pretty sure there are many many OTHER govt and non profit organization that help people in NEED get homes. Maybe some that dont even condone underage prostitution.....craziness i know.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• To late for who?
    This is excellent anyway you look at it. Now if we can get the Senate to go along with the cutting of AL, not just their housing branch.
    A word about these 2...... Can you even believe these 2 caring Americans have brought this crooked group to their knees? Makes me have some hope after all.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I say better late than never.
    If ACORN doesn't have the decency and time to properly train the people working for them, then they should pay the consequence.
    There are plenty of other honest alternatives to people seeking legal/tax/home owner's advice.
    I would be much more worried if the senate/congree did nothing to stop this joke.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• *congress
    jenellemarie

• sweet, I can't believe you continue to support an organization that not only supports, but PROMOTES the human trafficking of children and child molestation. Or are you defending them simply because Obama has such close ties with them and you are so blindly devoted to him?

I am thrilled with the bill. I now want a full FBI investigation of ACORN and ALL of its affiliates.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009