had to take son to er?

When i was getting him ready for school i noticed a indent in his scalp on his hairline so i called the advice nurse and she said to take him in. Well i took him in and the didn't see that one at first but found another one i had not seen on the front of his scalp. They just did a alertness test and sent us home telling me he should be fine. I had me 2 year old and baby who was getting fussy so there was alot going on and i didn't get to ask as many questions as i wanted to. I feel so bad i never noticed these before and have no idea how they happened. He said he was running yesterday and feel at recess. Then he said it was his brother who hit him in the head with a stick. My question is how could this happen at school and they don't tell me about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Because a lot of kids run around and get hurt. That's what happens when you're a little kid.
    There's been plenty of times where I've scraped my knees, bruised my elbows, bonked my head, etc. Unless I'm bleeding, had a broken bone, a concussion, or whatever they never alerted my parents. If that were the case, the entire staff would be on the phones 24/7 calling parents.
    Also, if the kid doesn't go to the nurse about it, it might be overlooked.
    I've volunteered at an elementary school before, and there are so many kids tumbling over playing soccer or tag, it's an insane amount.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Because there are 100's of kids outside at recess and a few teachers watching them. The teachers probably didn't see anything happen and the kids didn't say anything to an adult. Kids fall and get bumps and bruises all the time. Do you notice everytime your child gets hurt? Probably not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• geez ty for all the rude comments?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• WELL MOM LET THE TEACHER KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND HAVE HER/HIM WATCH HIM... AND AT HOME TALK TO YOUR SON ABOUT HITTING...I KNOW YOU DO BUT MAKE SURE HE IS NOT HITTING HIM ON PURPUS...((SPELLING))...BUT HE SCHOOL IS AT FAULT.. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO KNOW WHY UR SON IS COMING HOME WITH CUTS AND BRUSES... YOUR A MOM...... IT'S UR JOB TO ASK... I DO.... ~KISS3Z~
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009