how much do you spend on your baby (around 10ish months old) for christmas? is it really worth it to spend alot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not saying this from personal experience but i would just buy boxes, kids that age like boxs, well my nieces did, and if you don't have the money, i bet my lil one won't know if you just get them something little.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i would just buy a few toys for him to open, he won't remember anyway. have someone take pictures of you and him opening his gifts that way you'll have the memory and you can show him when he's older or send some pics to family & freinds.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Mine will be a year old dec 7th so splitting that up with xmas im spending 300 and splitting it in half
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 5:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Honestly, I think children under the age of 4 don't need to get anything more then 2-3 gifts. The child at the age of 10mo will be more interested in the wrapping paper anyhow, that it's not worth it to spend a ton of money on them. I am not going to put too much thought into gift buying for my children until they're old enough to appriciate what they've gotten. That means buying simple little puzzles/learning toys for the first couple of christmas'. Then when they're old enough to understand Christmas and appriciate the gifts I'll start putting more thought into what I'm getting them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my dd is 1 in december but im getting her the barbie jeep for xmas cause come summer time like may she will be 1 1/2 .. ok buying it for me 2 they are cool and cute ! lol
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 5:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We hardly spend anything on Christmas. For our kids' first Christmas they just got a 1st Christmas ornament and some clothes. After that they get a toy that they really want, books and clothes. We maybe spend $50 in all on everything. They get so many toys from relatives that we really don't need to buy them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with the PP that said boxes...That's all they are going to be interested in anyway.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 5:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I actually put money in his savings because the rest of the family got him enough Toys and at this age he wouldn't notice if we got him an actual present!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Really? We are going all out for our daughters first Christmas!! I don't care if she won't remember it!! We are planning on getting her things that will help her devolpment throughout the year. She will be 6 months when Christmas rolls around and we are going to spend a few hundred dollars. WHY NOT?!?!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 7:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We didn't spend my on my son.... everyone else spoiled him rotten. We got him 1 new toy, stuffed animal and 2 new shirts. We spent maybe $25 on him is all.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009