This is crazy right?

Ok, I know when you hear a certain song it can bring back memories, like a song you heard with a guy you loved and all those old feelings come rushing back, but the other day I was at my friends new apartmetnt, and she wears a certain kind of perfume and her apartment always smells like it. I met my ex at her old apartment, and when I walked into her bathroom at the new place the smell hit me like a ton of bricks, all these old memories came flooding back and I swear I thought I was going to be sick! (not because of the perfume lol, it actually smells good) But the memory of the night I met him was so strong I almost lost it....is that weird? Has anything like that every happened to you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Our smell is our strongest sense, out of all 5 senses. So, no. It does not sound strange at all. It's perfectly normal! I do this all the time. I hate it when i smell something & i think "what the hell does that remind me of". Smell can trigger ALL KINDS of memories.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• yeah thats happened and some memories arent that pleasant
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes, that's happened to me!!! Too many times!!! It's a hell of a feeling.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Absolutely!! There are different smells that bring back all kinds of old memories for me, things I have forgotten about until I smell a certain scent, then WHAM! all the memories come back. I do that with songs too, but the smell one is the strongest. And yeah, it brings back good and bad memories.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009