What should happen to. . . ?

James and Hannah of the ACORN Chonicles?

ACORN says that they will seek legal action against James, Hannah and Fox news. Do you think they will actually proceed with legal action and if so, do you feel that they are guilty of entrapment?

If you are supportive of James & Hannah, would you be willing to speak out on their behalf (and actually the behalf of American Tax payers whos money is funding Acorn)?
*sorry in advance for any typos.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 4:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I applaud them! I think the damage has been done for Acorn. It's not going to change anything if they try and file charges. James said he would go to jail if thats what they decided but many think people would be all over that prosecutor. I don't think the state wants that publicity, especially since congress has cut off funding to Acorn. that means they beleive this group is crooked for the most part and they need to be investigated. I think if they were going to do it they would have done it already.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It is illegal in many states to tape people without their knowledge. I believe the ACORN employees are being investigated, if the filmaker broke the law then he should be too

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Generally its only illegal if neither party is aware of the tape, And to claim entrapment, they would have to prove they were coerced into doing something they would not normally have done. The tapes show a readiness to do what they did.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They can't get entrapment, one no one coerced them, two they not only gave tax advice willingly they gave "moral" advice which clearly shows their willingness to the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I haven't seen all of the tapes. I have seen I think 3 of them and they turn my stomach. I have seen a clip of a lady from Acorn that says that they are going to take legal action against James, Hannah and Fox news. I am just curious what other's are thinking about the legal issues with regard to these tapes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think it is amazing that they have finally cracked this wide open. Like a PP said, the damage has already been done. Seeking charges for this would only make acorn look worse and more corrupt. How the crap were we funding this in the first place and how is this the first time they have been caught?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would love to see this one argued before a jury!!! What would your thoughts be if you were a juror?

Empty threats. Besides, this kind of thing has been used in journalism for a long time. It's not as if they are using the tapes for criminal prosecution.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• let them try. it doesn't matter acorn has been tainted and opened lots of peoples eyes. i mean how can you deny a video.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Fox news? All Fox did was air the tapes... ACORN, Libs in DC (and even some here) are coming off paranoid about Fox News. It's rather comedic. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Fox news ...please Rupert Murdoch just found another niche market - they pander more to the right - but are still liberal in general - like ALL media outlets...news is coming from the same people...would it really have made a flip of difference if MSNBC had aired it? Maybe they would be pressured to apologize but that's it...DOWN with ACORN!
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 7:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009