My Family Has The FLU! :(

My hubby and both of my little girls have the flu! :( I'm getting off work soon and going to stock up on "sick supplies" so I can go home and take care of everybody. Any suggestions on how I can NOT get the flu myself? I'm getting germ-x and lysol. Anything else I can do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• We have the flu here tooo:( !!! So this is what i have done...
    First I moved the sick people to one room. washed all there previous bedding and dried in a hot dryer heat kills germs.
    Next rewash all dishes used in the 24 hours in the dishwasher if possiable and soak in 1/4 cup bleach and one gallon water.
    Keep them supplied with Kleenex and keep some yourself. Use this to pick up contaminated items. Keep germ ex nerby butt remeber to wash for 30 secounds as soon as possiable. No sleeping or kissing your hubby till at least 24 hours after the last signs of fever.
    Good luck... :)
    mamacotten

Answer by mamacotten at 6:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Take a lot of vitamin D, like 5000 IU's a day for a week. Also, lysol EVERYTHING. Maybe you'll get a mild version. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• wash your hands often

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Probably a bit to late mama...most people are contagious even before they are sick, so most likely you are already exposed..... I'm so sorry.. hope it is a fast recovery for all.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• gargle with warm salt water and use a saline nose spray. I have heard it helps stop the germs from breeding.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Wash hands, vitamin C, face mask,
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• wash hands frequently, wear a mask (although it may be too late), plenty of rest, pro-biotics (live culture yogurts), vitamins, and I've heard that American ginseng may help.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• mine too!
    i caught it. hope you don't. you have some good suggestions above but as previously posted it could be too late as was my case. by the time we realized someone was sick i caught it that evening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• you most likely have been exposed to the flu already....so load up on feel good foods...jello,soup,gingerale,tea etc...you know what you like.
    wash all the bedding in hot water, use tissues, sneeze into tissues or your elbow.\
    take vitamins, yougurt with probiotics is good for you.....push fluids, get as much rest as you can.
    take OTC meds for the symptoms, stay in until your fever free for at least 2 days......
    good luck, I just got the flu shot so hopefully I wont get it......not the h1n1 shot....
    fingers crossed for you....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009