Really bad period cramps?

I have sort of a TMI question about period cramps. Ok, they arent constant... but I get random sharp pains in my stomach, much like cramps, but it seems right after that I always (gulp) fart.... It hurts so damn bad. It usually doubles me over or stops me from what im doing and it only happens when im on my period. Is this common? or is it something I should talk to a doctor about? and no. I am not asking for a diagnoses, so assholes need not reply with your asshole-ness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• During your period you get bloated. Bloating means you retain gas, and it can cause sharp pains. It sounds like that's all it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I read once that it's something that happens when you have your period. Your bowels are over stimulated. I get diarhea sometimes.

I don't know what to tell you to make it go away. Maybe that yogurt that Jamie Lee Curtis talks about?
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 5:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have never heard of it. I know you are anon on here so you might be a bit embarassed or shy about this, but if it is doubling you over in pain, you really need to talk to your doctor. It seems more than just period cramps or overstimulated bowels. I have never gotten anything that bad and doubling over in pain is extremely bad. Really please call the doctor, just in case something is going on with your bowels.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009