Does anybody have children with an egg allergy? And do you have any recipes w/out eggs?

mandy628

Asked by mandy628 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• my best friend was allergic to eggs. she learned to make a lot of cookies and cakes without eggs but i know those arent very kid healthy or healthy foods in general lol but i know she would use applesause in place of the eggs
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I replace eggs with applesauce. It gives great results in most baking recipes.
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 5:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• There are lots of egg replacers: enerG is a good brand. Ground flax seeds mixed with water is a good egg replacer.

You can find great eggless recipes at www.vegweb.com, www.veganyumyum.com, www.theppk.com

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Do you ask your school to be egg free? lol. Here is great site that is very helpful for any allergies.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My son's anaphylactic to them.

I prefer to use Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer. I get it at Shaw's supermarket (if they have those near you). A lot of recipes can just be adapted. For instance, I just leave out the egg in meatloaf, meatballs, lasagna and things like that. It doesn't affect the taste or texture. For breaded foods I dip in milk instead of egg and it works fine.

allrecipes.com also has a good egg free section too. Good luck! :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thanks for the suggestions, and my daughter is only 1 and doesn't go to school yet. I wouldnt ask the school to be egg free, I would just make sure the school knew that my daughter can't have eggs!
    mandy628

Answer by mandy628 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I almost forgot! Don't forget to check out cherrybrookkitchen.com! They have allergen free things like pancake mix, cake mixes, cookies...lots of good resources. :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 3:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009