how to control a hyper child?

my son has so much energy that he can't sit still. we live in a aprtment building, I can't take him out side and let him run cuz theres no grass and there's a road that hes tried to run to a couple of times before. so what can I do?

Tigeress444

Asked by Tigeress444 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can you take a walk with him to a park with him in a stroller so he doesn't run in the street? or a community center where he can play? My son has TONS of energy and its literally torture trying to get that energy out just from activities inside the house.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I bought my dd a mini kid trampoline....and she jumps until her heart is content.

You can get them at toys r us! Great for rainy days or apartment living!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• take him to the park. buy some active videos and do them w/ him like elmo's elmozise one or something...and then just clear out some space in the living room, and turn on some toddler tunes, and then dance dance dance. jump, crawl, spin around, whatever. just dance it out!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 7:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009