Anybody heard about the flushot being mandatory for pregnant women?

My friend has been told by her doctor that the flu shot is mandatory for pregnant women, has anybody else heard anything like this? She is due in a few weeks, so she will at least be putting him off until after the baby is born, not sure if she will get one then either.

CaLizzyMom

Asked by CaLizzyMom at 6:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• My doctor was very insistent that I get one when I was pregnant, its in the same category with small children and the elderly.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• NO ONE can MAKE you get a flu shot dear. It's YOUR body, Your baby and your life. Dont let the fear mongers scare you into it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I thought this was weird because both times I was pregnant my doctor never said anything about a flu shot. Each time I was between 5-8 months along during the major part of flu season. I didn't get a shot either time (I haven't had one in about 10 years).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Right now it is up to each individual state to enforce mandatory vaccinations for anyone. However, the government CAN legally require mandatory vaccinations for all. They can make sure that you don't travel or leave certain cities if you do not have proof of vaccination. I really hope it doesn't come to this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my dr knows better than to tell me its manditory im pissed at her b/c she told me the chicken,pox was manditory and i found out that i can refuse certain vaxs...so now me and dd rnt getting the flu, swine flu, and dd wont be getting chickenpox booster and i wont be getting the gardisil either
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 6:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Your doctor cannot force you to have any treatments.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• NO!! Vaccines are not required for anyone! And pregnant or not - there is no real benefits from the Flu vax!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was strongly encouraged to get a flu shot with my last pregnancy. I didn't and never had one. As for them being mandatory sorry never heard of that.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• NO VACCINE IS MANDATORY FOR ANYONE!! THERE ARE NO LAWS AGAINST NOT GETTING ANY OF THE VACCINES OFFERED!!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009