What can I do to get some energy during the first trimester?

This is my third pregnancy and oddly, I'm not having morning sickness. But the fatigue is making up for it. I'm tired all the time. Any ideas that don't involve caffeine or sugar.

Glutenfreebaby

Asked by Glutenfreebaby at 6:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Adding a little protein to every meal is essential to keep your organs functioning and your energy levels up.Lean protein also contains tyrosine, an amino acid that helps your brain produce the chemicals norepinephrine and dopamine, which improve your mental function. Turkey, pork tenderloin, eggs, shellfish and sardines also contain tyrosine. Complex carbohydrates like those in black beans and other legumes help keep your blood sugar levels balanced throughout the day, providing a steady, slow-burning source of energy to make you feel awake. Plus, black beans are a rich source of iron, an integral part of hemoglobin, which transports oxygen in the body, and key enzyme systems for energy production and metabolism. Cantaloupe also can help with your energy levels. If you want something sweet every now and then eat a snickers bar lol. You shouldnt drink caffine though. GL hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You don't, lol!

WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Lol...well, thanks!
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 6:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I feel your pain - I have found that if I exercise for an hour or so, I feel less tired afterward. I sleep much better too. Good luck.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009