Nancy Pelosi says it's dead

Well, Fancy Nancy says Bacus' healthcare bill is dead because it has no public option. The fight goes on, and on, and on..... Do you think they will get something,anything?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope so. I want to see a public option. I hope this means there are enough in the House that feel the same way.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 6:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't think they will get anything passed. There is to much fighting in the Democratic party now. This may sound tacky, but let them fight, it keeps them busy. If they are too busy with it they won't be able to get any other crap through. The 2010 elections will bring about a lot of changes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Obama will not stop until it passes. So I have faith that health care reform will happen.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 6:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Special, I think that is a simplistic view. Yes, there is fighting, but there is other business to be done, and even Congress knows that.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 6:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• doctors want a public option

http://healthcarereform.nejm.org/?p=1790&query=home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• you know, this is so silly when the OP calls her "Fancy Nancy" and when some say the issue will keep Democrats busy,....so rude and inappropriate. It will pass and someday when you need it,you will be thankful for a Health Care Bill.....just wait and see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Demshave the majority, they could pass whatever they want. It's very telling when they can't rally enough support from their own party to get this thing done.  Fine with me though, I was never in support of Obamacare.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It won't pass
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• this is so silly

You spelled "accurate" wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't think they will get anything unless the the White House or others in power in the Democrat party can find a way to strong arm the Democrats that are holding out. They might have people digging up dirt to blackmail them or are researching to see what pork projects they are wanting money for. Politics is dirty I am just hoping the Dems with a conscience don't cave and give into the public option. If abortions are paid for with this we will stop paying taxes. We will find a way and stop. I could not live with myself if I personally funded abortion. I would be no better than the vile women who have them and the doctors who perform them. I hope this bill is dead. I wished both sides would put politics aside and winning aside and put a bill together that actually will help people. Too much to ask from Democrats and Republicans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009