Kids and sex/love

Me and my husband have been married for 12 years he has a 17 year old daughter and we have a 13 year old 8,3 and 5 month old and his daughted just had a baby last week she lives with us and we just had a house built our house is 6 bedrooms and his daughter dosent want to share a room with her baby she says if he dosent figure out a way she will move in with her mom who has been on drugs lately.My husband wants to get an additiion on are house i say no what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with you. How will she care for the baby if it isn't close to her?
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 6:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• they should share a room or there is always public assistance time to own up
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think that it is the beginning of the end if you let him make an add-on specifically because she wants one.
    She just became a mother, she is no longer the child. She needs to act like it. She knew when she got pregnant and decided to keep it that there would be responsibilities that go hand in hand with being a parent. Part of those responsibilities is caring for your child...which does not include asking her father to spend lots of money just for the baby to have its own room because she doesn't want to share.

I would say, no, do not build an add-on for her. Is it possible for the baby to share a room with your 5 month old?
    It is her choice, and if she wants to have her child in a druggie environment that is her decision, not yours. But don't disrupt your household because she wants to get her way.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sounds to me like she's spoiled. Its HER baby, and needs to be close to her.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Your husband is wrong. She's threatening this knowing her Dad will fold. I say, either she shares or pays rent or moves in with Mom to see that sharing at Dad's isn't so bad!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i would say no way. she decided to get knocked up now she has to be responsible for the baby. having you space after the birth of your child is not very responsible. i intend on our new born being in the room with us. it's easier so i don't have to walk far and can just pick the baby up and change and breast feed in bed then back to cradle next to my bed. who does she think she is. will she pay rent or help with the addition? i doubt. so why go into debt when a baby is enough expendature for anyone.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Absolutely not, I would not go into debt to add on an addition for a 17 year old girl that wasn't responsible enough to not get pregnant. She is acting spoiled and if you give in, she will continue to demand more. That baby is her responsibility and it needs to be with her in her room. She gave up the right to have alone time and privacy when she gave birth.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would tell her the best you can do is a petition  in her room to give her some "privacy". If she wants her own room she should move out and pay rent to get it! And what she's doing to your DH is emotional blackmail, tell him not to "pay", the stakes will only get higher!!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009