My son has a fever of 103.4 all day should he go to the ER

He is 1 years old and he has an ear infection should i be worried and call 911 to have him taken to the ER.

loveskids

Asked by loveskids at 6:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well... calling 911 is strictly your call, but going to the ER is definitely a high priority.
    High tail it, woman. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Have you given him anything to help? If not, try. If so, then I would call his doctor. You can give him Motrin or a cool bath.....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would call the pediatric office and ask their advice. They may give you other instructions than going to the ER.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Don't take your sick child to an emergancy room full of sick people...I work in a hospital and a baby with a fever is NOT a priority, and you will just sit in the waiting room with a cranky baby.

I agree with Jenree and Carolyn, give his doctor a call and see what they say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• tylenol and motrin rotate every 5 hours give him a cool white vinegar bath hold him lots of fluides pedialyte put a phone book under his crib to elevate him a humidifier some vicks on his feet, let him sleep give him a bottle.... see if that helps a bit and breaks the fever if he really seems lethargic i would take him n our hospital has fast track but if the fever breaks then talke it easy at home take him to the doctor in themorning he needs to be looked at and maybe antibiotics to help with the infection.. sorry hope this helps sick kids are tough it not fair...... feel better
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i would take him to the er, when my lil one was running a temp they told me not to bring her in at all unless she was running a fever for 3 days,well 3 days later we took her in...ear infection
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• you know he has an ear infection so why are you taking him to the er. AMBULANCES ARE FOR REALLY SICK PEOPLE NOT FOR KIDS WITH EAR INFECTIONS!!! just do tylenol and motrin am sure his pediatrician send him some medecine so do that also. my dd egts ear infectios alot and her fever spikes to 105. if i took my dd to the er everytime she spiked a fever i might as well judt live there
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If ur gut says go in, then go in.
    SparklinSarcasm

Answer by SparklinSarcasm at 9:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• yes that is way to high.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• your kids had a high fever all day and you wait till what time to take it the the dr ? really dont you think you should have called the ped. at the first sign that something was wrong ? why are you waiting this long ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009