Would you support a law that made it illegal for Christians to proselytize?

Or other religious people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I think religious freedom is why America was made.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Nope, because in the end, if that person didn't want to be converted... they could walk away or speak up against it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• YES!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do think that some prosthelitizers are actually harrassers. But that's already illegal. While I don't appreciate people knocking on my door and telling me I'm going to hell I don't want their freedom to do so taken from them. I support their rights just as much as my own.

So no, I would not support that legislation.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sure if they added every race, religion, sexual orientation, and anyone else I disagreed with. Thank God we live in America.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 6:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No way. It's a right. If anyone wants to go get on a soap box and tell me what they wanna say, bring it on! It's what America is all about!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Im kind of in the middle.
    On one hand it would keep twits away(you know the kind that are freakin' nuts over their religion and never shut up about it and push and push and push) but at the same time...its a freedom and once you start taking one away, others tend to follow and that doesnt lead to good places usually.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No, I Think it's an important part of religious freedom.

But I would support something to the effect of them respecting a "no proselytizing" sign on a door.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• nope
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• That's why there is a NO Soliciting sign on my door. If they are out in public, as long as they don't get pushy, I don't mind any religion.
    I would rather NOT screw with restriciting FREEDOM OF SPEECH...we fought too hard to get it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009