I'm on a diet that says I need to drink a ton of water...

I don't like drinking water for some reason...do you think it's ok to drink decaf unsweet iced tea instead? I make it at home with decaf tea bags...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are also lot-fat/diet water flavorings that you can add to your water. I don't like drinking it either but I'm supposed to. I use crystal light.
    Momnumerouno

Answer by Momnumerouno at 6:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You need to drink at least 64 oz of water a day or rule of thumb is that you drink 1/2 oz of water for every pound of body weight.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I never drink water, I ended up with kidney stones and my doctor told me that if I hated water so much I could drink green tea and it would work just the same.

Also just a little advice, don't go by a diet that tells you to drink a certain amount of water. Too much water can actually be bad for your health. Every person is different, if you eat foods that are rich in water such as fruits, veggies and whole grains and if you don't eat alot of seasoning or salt you may not need as much water as someone who doesn't eat those foods or uses a lot of seasoning. Drinking more water than necessary can cause your total blood volume to go up and causes unnecessary strain on your heart and it also causes unnecessary strain on your kidneys. Just make sure you following your body signals of thirst instead of going by a set amount of water in a diet plan.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 6:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• don't sub tea for water. it causes kidney stones!
    buy flavored or something.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 7:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009