Daughter's 4th Birthday Gift Ideas

My daughter is turning 4 next month. We are having a Halloween theme party (just as we did last year). I've got some ideas on games, decorations, cake, ect. I just don't know what to get her for her birthday. She's got everything a child could ever ask for. She has too many clothes, too many toys, too many movie, too many pets, shoes, accesories, hair accesories, ect, ect, ect!!! WHAT do I get for her??

jessiekayhouser

Asked by jessiekayhouser at 6:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm not sure this is a good answer for your daughter but it was for mine. My daughter turned four last month, she also has too much of everything. She loves all disney movies. So I bought her a portable DVD player. It came with a carrying case and I put some of her movies in a cd wallet. So everywhere we go she is entertained. In fact today I had to attend a meeting and we brought it along. Hope this helps happy b-day to your daughter!
    emilynoelle

Answer by emilynoelle at 6:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• That's a wonderful idea. That is something I would have never thought of, but we had a portable DVD player. When I say she has everything I mean EVERYTHING! Haha! We had to buy one for a 12 hour trip to Tennessee when she was one. But that was an awesome answer! I'll remember that for my nieces and nephews birthdays!!
    jessiekayhouser

Answer by jessiekayhouser at 7:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hmm...my son gets excited when he gets his own mail, so maybe a kid's magazine subscription for a year or something? Good luck and happy birthday to your daughter. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Thank you!
    jessiekayhouser

Answer by jessiekayhouser at 9:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• how about a kidizoom camera ,i want to get my son one but he is only 3 but maybie for christmas
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well what is she into? Thats what I would go on. My daughter loves shoes and is into firemen. So we found these adorable firemen boots at target. Now the only problem is getting her to take them off. Or if she is into tea parties (mine is) I would arrange a fancy tea party at a tea house or nice restaurant. For the child who has everything, to me a unique experience would be best. Like a special train ride, or if you live near the ocean, a trip to see whales, etc.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 10:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We stopped buying are dd gifts as soon as she turned 3. She just had way to much and we figured it would be nice to start taking her places. Once you add all the gifts and party things up its about the same. On her 4th bday we took her to disney world and sea world and she had a blast. For every bday from now on she will go a trip some where! Maybe you can take her away for the weekend or something, children always love to learn. Plus toys never last but the memorys of a getaway always do :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• These are all wonderful answers thank you so much! I would love to take her on a trip, but her daddy is in the army and we only have one certain weekend to do her birthday party. Disney World sounds like so much fun though!
    jessiekayhouser

Answer by jessiekayhouser at 8:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My DD will be 4 in Dec. and she is spoiled and has just about everything. But I could still take her to Wal-Mart and tell her to show me what she likes and I could make a list. She can't have everything?????? Here are suggestions: Bike, scooter, power wheels, doll house, skates, easel, baby doll bed high chair swing etc., table set for inside or outside, bean bag, sleeping bag, kitchen set, Make-up doll head, tent, leapster, Leap Frog tag reading system, FP arts & studio art station for computer, dress up clothes, karokae set (make one you plug into TV), musical instruments, arts & crafts supplies, and the list could go on. There must be something she doesn't have ! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009