HOW TO COPE WITH A 15 MONTH OLD AND IM 11 WEEKS ALONG AND A HUSBAND WHO WORKS ALOT?

I AM EXHAUSTED ALREADY, ITS FOR ME TO EXPLAIN TO MY HUSBAND BUT BY THE TIME HE GETS HOME I HAVE NO ENERGY LEFT I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH A FUSSY 15 MONTHOLD ALL DAY, I DONT WANT TO COOK I JUST WANA EAT I BARELY GET A LITTLE BIT OF HOUSE WORK DONE.......HOW DO I COPE WITH THIS, I KNOW U JUST DO BUT I CANT SEEM TO MAKE ALL THIS WORK..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sweet Heart, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what the heck are you going to do when the new baby gets here? What are you going to do when they are both up crying with fever in the middle of the night? As for your husband, you cannot expect alot from him if he is working that much right now. Is he planning on taking any time off when the new baby gets here? You can check into that. Otherwise, if you have a younger brother or sister, I would be seeking their help. But, again, let me remind you... these are the easy times. I simply cannot understand why people choose to have their children this close...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you have some people that can help out don't be ashamed nor afraid to reach out to them. You need to get your mind together and also have time to rest. This can help you get yourself on track now before you have your second child. As for husbands, I hate to tell you this but don't expect too much from him. Men can't handle all of that and would rather be away then help. I know there are some men that do help and that's great but he's not always going to be around so it's better to get your own routine in order and then include him when he's there. You can check with your church, neighbors or ask people and you will be surprised what resources you have available.
    kawona

Answer by kawona at 7:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you have trouble finding supports to help with housework or the child, can you afford to hire help? Maybe just getting a college student in for an hour or two a few days a week could give you the breathing room you need! There's often help out there, but we think we need to do it all. Get over that one. We all need help. Ask!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I m 36 weeks...from 8 weeks to almost 30 weeks my husband was deployed. It was me, a 3 year old and toddler at home. My husband left when my son was 10 months old and came home when he was 16 months old...It was hard, I had little help, and had to do it all by myself...but I did it. You just have to do what you can, and go from there. Sitting around wondering how your going to do it and feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Ask for help! I'm 5 weeks along and I have zero energy. I homeschool my children and my brother's children ages 2-6. I've given all five of them little jobs like picking up clothes, shoes, toys, dusting, etc. Everything won't get done perfectly but I need every bit of help that I can get right now.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 8:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I simply cannot understand why people choose to have their children this close...

how you know she choose . i mean i got preggo with my second when dd was 15 mts. and i was on bc. also some people dont want kids having such a biog age difference. my ds was borm when my dd was 23 mts my dh wporkls 15 hrs a day and i get by just fine,. he helps me alot on weekneds and he is a hands on dad when he gets home.
    OP HERE IS HOW I HANDLE IT. I TOOK A NAP WHN MY DD NAP, I CLEAN ONE ROOM A DAY, COOKING I STUCK TO EASY MEALS. REMEMBER YOUR ON THE EASY STAGE BOW ONE THAT BABTY COMES YOUR WORLS IS GOING TO BE FLIPPED UPSIDEDOWN
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It is difficult, I know! I had 2 boys, 18 mos. apart and I didn't live near family. What few friends I had. had small children of their own, so they were in the same boat, so to speak. My dh worked nights, so I had to try to keep my little ones as quiet as possible during the day, so he could sleep. This was difinitely a challenge. I remember going to my 6 wk. check up after having my 2nd son and telling my Dr. that I was totally exhausted! He said, "of course you are! You're a mother of a newborn and a toddler!" Gee thanks, doc! The main thing is, try to rest when you can. Do a task and then pat yourself on the back for it. Don't try to envision your home as everything being done all at once. If your dh is able to help at all, great! If not, try to understand that he does have a full-time job. This is yours. Don't expect too much. If there is help outside the home, seek it. Best wishes. I sympathize.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am almost 9 months and have an 18 month old and get tired easily, but lucky for me my husband is pretty helpful(when he isnt playing video games that is)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i can totaly understand what ur going through. I am 14 weeks,i have 3 children 7,4&2 and my partner works long hours and sometimes works out of town all week long.I have some tips that might help u that seem to help me alot.When cleaning a room turn it into a game that ur baby might like or a teaching experience.Ask things like where is the window or can you find the shoes.A color game is good too.i know they're young & some people say it's too early for that but the earlier the better. I also nap when i put the young one down.this helps with energy later in the day.music is also another cool way to calm a cranky baby. As far as meals go.Easy dinners are playing it safe & i did that for a while but my man likes a home cooked meal.there are sights that tell you how to make a homecooked meal in minutes and the plus is ur man will think u spent hours on it. my partner is great though. When he is home he kind-of lets me have a
    baby_mama_85

Answer by baby_mama_85 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• break. He'll tend to the kids so i can nap and sometimes he even cooks instead of me.I know things are stressful now but sweety they are not going to get any easier with the new baby. If you can find help from others ..Great! Take it! seriously. even if you feel acward about doing it. Good luck and I hope my advice helps. Trust me if you ever decide to have another after this baby things will be alot easier for you because now you'll know what to do.
    baby_mama_85

Answer by baby_mama_85 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009