What ideas do you have for all day sickness?

My poor step-daughter is pregnant and has all day sickness. Would love to make her feel better. Do you all have any suggestions?

sara13178

Asked by sara13178 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • this is what worked for me: crackers or a piece of bread in the a.m. w/half a prenatal (not the whole thing!), lemon drops, yellow gatorade, preggo pops (sold at baby and maternity stores, basically sour hard candies), the other half of the prenatal at night w/dinner. if her stomach is still upset, have her try to take the whole thing before bed. when i was preg the first time i took my prenatals religiously and was always sick. i forgot to take them for a week (we went out of town i forgot them) was fine, figured sickness was over with (around week 17) got home got on them again, sick all day every day again. so i started to cut them in half, some days that worked some it didn't so i took them at night and that worked alot better.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A midwife friend of mine suggested honey nut cheerios, dry, as much as I wanted and it worked for me.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They have wrist bands with balls in them which do something to the pressure point and help ease nausea, my friend used it when she was pregnant. I had crackers,gatorade, gingerale sucking on mints helped a little bit.
    mandy628

Answer by mandy628 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• how about you tell the doctor! omg what an idea that would be they can give her nasuea pills so she wont be sick anymore..i know thats shocking...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• When I experienced this I bought a box of giner snaps. I nippled on them since eating too many cookies is too much sugar and will make you gain weight. If it's that bad you may want to have her go to the doctors. My dauughter had to bring it to her doctor's attention and she was given some medicine to help her out.
    kawona

Answer by kawona at 7:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• a really cold ensure, moving very slowly, and preggie pops and drops
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Though it's hard to believe, an empty stomach is the worst thing. Eating small amounts throughout the day of whatever she can stomach will help her the most.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 7:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Eating constantly. But just in tiny increments. Also, check out this nutritionist. She SWEARS by (and has medical reasoning for eating) beans.

fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• In regards to the rude anonymous poster, those nausea meds don't work for everyone - even the strongest ones they offer. I have been through 4 pregnancies and my "morning" sickness is so bad none of the meds work. Plus, they have some very unwanted side effects and, like any other drug, do cause a bit of risk to both mom and baby.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• ANON 7:34- Didn't really think it was any of you biz but she is only 19. Just found out 2 days ago that she is pregnant and has been sick all week. So your brilliant idea of calling the doctor since she has not got one just yet won't work at this point. But hey its always nice to have some smart ass comments on here! They did however give her something at the er but now she is out. Was just looking for something to try to help her till we can get into the dr. Thank You to all the other ladies who were gracious enough to try to help us out. Oh and to the people who want to be stupid on here, why do you always hide behind the ANON? Scared someone who knows you will see how you really are or something.
    sara13178

Answer by sara13178 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009