My six year old has a loose tooth with the new one already up behind it. We have tried all sorts of ways to pull the very loose one but no luck. Gauze, dental floss.apples corn on the cobb etc. Any other ideas on how to get it out before it crowds the new teeth too bad with out having to go to the dentist again?

Sauria

Asked by Sauria at 7:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• It will come out. The same thing happened to my son. I called and they said it was fine but to keep watching and if we noticed any changes then we should come in.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Both of my daughter's teeth came in that way. I just left the tooth alone since the new tooth will push out the loose tooth. When the new tooth comes up enough you will be able to pull it out or it will fall out on it's own. Don't agonize over it since you may upset your child about that tooth.
    kawona

Answer by kawona at 7:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We're in the same boat. My son's tooth came out last night, yippee! The new one will eventually loosen it enough to pop out. Shark teeth, don't worry at all.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my daughter had the same prob. the dentist wanted me to come and pay him 50 dollars to have him pull it. i just waited till she was sleeping soundly so she couldnt fight and sanitized the pliers. it didnt even wake her up and she thought the tooth fairy pulled it cause her tooth was gone and the money was under her pillow.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009