How to help a jobless depressed husband?

Being ill myself, I don't cook, clean or do much of anything. I don't lay around and do nothing but nothing is getting done! I don't understand how I lose my day! Not here much either! But I can't help myself. But my long time husband is depressed too! Being jobless! No jobs here! Soon the sole unemployment checks have to stop! Even a driveable vehicle isn't available! We're stranded and I feel lost. I feel hopeless! What can we do? We have no one turn to. Our local church has minumim donations to stay current and remain a member! We can't afford our chuch either! We have no health coverage! To apply for state funded insurance you have to first pay a $60.00 fee! Who can do that? Thankfully our children are grown & married out on their own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• Can you try putting out resumes? Are you able to work at all? Are there temp employment agencies where you live? I'm sorry. Maybe your DH could do some temp work?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• move, sell stuff and go....move to where the work is
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would move to where the work is. Sounds like you're ready to start over.
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 9:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Call your kids and ask for help.
    Contact the Department of Jobs and Family Services, they can help you find employment and possibly get you Food Stamps/Food Assistance.
    You seem to either have internet or walked to someplace that does, so you aren't completely helpless. I feel bad for you and your situation but posting on CafeMom isn't going to help your situation, looking for jobs and assistance will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009