i need HELP with potty training!!

when i got pregnant with my now 4 month old i knew i had to potty train my 3 year old before the baby came.......it was easy, took a couple weeks but i accomplished my goal. she was potty trained, never had an accident, for 3 months and then we braught the baby home and i have spent the last 4 months cleaning pee and poop out of all of her clothes, refusing to give in to her want to be a baby again, I WILL NOT PUT HER BACK IN A DIAPER. i have tried everything, even giving her extra jobs with baby duties so she feels like a big girl. but still day after frustrating day i am scrubbing undies in the bathroom sink. please help!!!!how do i get her to realize she cant be a baby again. i need her to use the potty!

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 7:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• its not that she really wants to be a baby. she wants the attention baby gets. spend more one on one time. point out the fun stuff she can do he can't (give her a snack and say babies can't have that, watch a movie babies can't watch tv...things like that are what works for my dd, who is also 3 1/2 and we have an almost 4 month old
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Put a diaper back on her. Take the big girl things that she loves away. Babies don't get big girl toys, or special treats. They don't watch their favorite cartoons etc etc. Make her remember what it's like to be a baby and I bet she'll drop it like a bad habit. What she's doing is natural but once kids find out they can't enjoy all the big kid stuff once they are a baby again, they'll stop.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i have 3 year old son and a 2 month old son. i started potty training my son a month after the baby came and hes doing great.... i keep reminding him to use the poty and force him to sit on it if needed. use alot of positive reinforcement....treats, stars etc. just be patient....give her lots of attention and keep her as involved as u can in baby play time and give her alot of one on one mommy daughter time...... good luck!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009