depressed and no meds

I have previously been on meds for depression/anxity. My primary wouldnt prescribe the meds anymore and wanted me to see a shrink. I recently moved out of state and still have insurance butit is an HMO and I am paying COBRA. I really can only use it for emeergencies/urgent care out of state. But I need to have no lapse in coverage due to pre exsisting conditions for me and my son.
SOooo to get to the question, depression and mood swings are creeping back in and I can not get meds right now.....anyone know ANYTHING other than RX meds that can help me for the next couple of months until I can get a new doc and meds ect?
THANKS

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• Sunlight, exercise, avoid caffeine, and stay busy.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• camomile, valerian root, alcohol, pot
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Natural sunlight, vitamin D ior a SAD theraphy light..
    No alcohol, drugs or caffiene.
    Sex, sex is always a good thing, with some one or by yourself.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'm Sorry! I sympathise with you! However we're jobless! I have NO insurance or meds for anything! Not even my migraines I've had for 30 years! Or for my asthma. There are natural things! But to do things you like! Things you llok forward to doing! Get into doing something you like! It will probably take 30 days of doing any of this to get you feeling better! Try to get together with a good trusting friend too! If you can't get with afriend at least call one to chat it up! It helps! Make sure you're getting enough good nutrition! So a good regular vitamin with supplements for your age group. Make sure you get enough restful needful sleep. Herbs can help like St. John's Wort, Ginko Biloba & Kava Kava. Be sure they can go with any other 'script you might take! And to not interfere with any birth control if you're on something! Just some Caring Tips! I hope you find what works! Don't suffer!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009