Wireless routers and my current internet connection... Help?!?

I dont really know how to explain it, but my internet connection is through my cable/satellite company. We have one central box that I guess is the "receiver"... and a cable that plugs into my computer.

My question is... I want to set up a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router... I don't know how to do this with the absence of the external modem. Can you help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That one box for the cable/receiver IS your external modem, love. :]

If you look at the back of the box - it'll have another port - just follow the directions of the wizard, using that box. Think of it as the external modem.....which it is.

Am I confusing? >_>

If you have any questions, just message me.
    I've done so many wireless network set-ups, I can do it in my sleep.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I might mention that the receiver is also for the TVs (not just the computer)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have no idea, i'm having issues with hooking my wireless router up to work with my laptop and desktop at the same time. I CANT figure it out!

I think most companies are pretty helpful with walking you through hooking things up if you call them. Or even try their website and see if they have instructions there?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• the only "help" they have is the set up wizard and it only talks about the external modems... I think I may have to wait until tomorrow and try to get in touch with the techs from the cable company... thing is it's not MINE... its my parents and I work FT so its hard to get over here... and I have to internet at my house... *sigh*.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009