has anyone been induced when they were only 1 cm?

I am a few days over 38 weeks, and i have been having contractions for about 10 weeks now...but they didnt do anything...i just found out today that i am dilated to a 1...and my dr. said if i start having them again, often, and im uncomfrtable enough to go in, that she wont stop them, and she will actually give me something to keep them coming....well i think while she was down there it made something happen cause i have been having them ever since! But i am scared to call her (she gave me her personal phone number) because i dont want to go in and then get the medicine and it not work, then have to have a c section...just wondering what you think!

Thanks!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 7:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 40 weeks and only at a one... got induced..... 8am...got contractions about a minute apart and i only got up to a 4. by 10pm my son was showing signes of fetal distress and my doctor put me in for a c section. .......for some reason i have difficulty dialating but everyone is different.... im glad he had me go in for csection though cause my son was face up instead of face down so i was getting really bad back labor.... and i dont take meds.... so it was painful lol id recogment asking for the meds that soften the cervix... it might make it easier for you to dialate....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 8:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• she said my cervix was soft, but IDK if that means im effaced any or not?? all the termonolgy is so confusing! i didnt think to ask until after i left!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 8:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• it sounds to me like it will be soon for you, but i would just wait until my contractions were coming consistently and were very intense, then call her. but that's just me. it also could be a couple more weeks though so don't get to excited. sometimes it messes with you like that! :) good luck!

oh, her giving something to keep them coming basically mean augmenting your labor, which can make things more intense and has the risk of putting extra distress on your baby, so i would avoid that at all costs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was induced this past Monday and I was only 1cm dialated. I was 39 weeks 1 day. It was a planned induction. My doctor put gel on my cervix and 7 hours later my little guy was born. This was my 4th pregnancy and second induction. My first induction I wasn't dialated at all and the gel was enough to put me into labor.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 8:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Induction is a risky procedure as it raises your risk of having a c-section by about 50%. I have lots of contractions while pregnant as well (starting early, like you) and have found that if I keep myself SUPER-saturated with water at all times, that tends to keep things at bay. But I mean, like....drinking a gallon of water a day, if not more. Now, of course I can't tell you that that'll work for you, but it's helped me tremendously!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• With my first son, I was 11 days over my due date and went in and was only barely 1 cm dilated when he wanted to induce me(well actually i begged him too bc i was soo uncomfy) anyways, i had to go in at like5 was induced by 6, had no complications, besides the pain but the epidural did wonders...and had him by 5:52 that same night! just cuz ur not very dilated doesnt mean ull have to have a csection! ur labor may be longer but if they give u pitossin, chances are u will have not that long of a labor! dont be freaked out, they wont do a csection unless u or the baby may be being harmed or sumthing is wrong...they are dr's and they have ur best interest at heart
    alwayzbnkute

Answer by alwayzbnkute at 11:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was induced 11 days late at 1 cm .... Dont let them do it ... Take your time your baby is going to come out evettually . It was the worst of 4 kids .
    crystal626rose

Answer by crystal626rose at 10:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I was induced twice. Once was about 1 cm and once when I was completely closed. Both were planned inductions before my due date.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2009