Getting DD on a schedule.

Shes almost 7 months and ive never had her on any kinda on schedule. i didnt even know how to start one. first time single mom. i just started school and im going to be putting her in daycare pretty soon. i wanted to know how i can start her on a schedule so that when i have the interview for the daycare, i wont look at them stupidly when they ask me whats her schedule. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just do the same exact routine every day! Feed, bathe, play, sleep at the same time every day and she'll be on a pretty good schedule!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• what time does she wake up??? just a guess ok this is what I would do...

Morning: 7am breakfast ((milk or cereal))
    8 to 9 would be nap..
    10am: bath and play
    Afternoon: 12pm lunch
    nap
    play
    nap
    eat
    Bedtime: 7 or 8:pm
    just some kind of schedule hope it helps!!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Just think through her day right now. She may be on a schedule but not follow the clock. Meaning, she may do the same things in the same order. Is there so many hours in between each feeding? Does she nap everyday after the same feeding? For my kids it always depended on what time they woke up for the schedule to start. We just did the things in the same order everyday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Here is my almost 7 month olds schedule. I hope it helps. (I do not include play times and such because we really just play most of the day). My daughter is not much of a napper so that is why the naps seem so short (I wish she would just take one really good one sometime throughout her day, but she wont. Word of advice, watch how much they let your baby sleep in daycare. Sometimes, they let them sleep for long periods of time and then it is hard to put them to bed at night.

This is what we do while I am at work and Grandpapa and Grandmama is watching her.

7:50 Wake up and snuggle for a few after a fresh diaper is put on
    8:00 Bottle and rice cereal mixed with formula
    9:30-10:00ish 20-30 min nap.
    11:00 1 container of fruit
    12:30ish 20-30 min nap (If I am lucky)
    1:00 bottle
    2:30ish 20-30 min nap
    4:00 bottle
    5:00 1 container of veggies
    7:15 bath
    7:45 bottle and rocking time
    8:00 usually in bed
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They won't look for her schedule so much as a routine...because they will put her on THEIR schedule.

If she wakes up at a particular time each day and eats her meals at a particular time, she has a schedule.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009