Any good websites, grants, or other help out there for a teen mom (to-be)?

Just wondering if there are any organizations or such that I can refer to a few girls I am trying to mentor. (Adoption is NOT an option. These girls are keeping their child(ren) and their situations vary from rape, to one time mistakes and so on) Please, I need honest advice if you have it on where they can go or what they can do for more support. Thanx!

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• The only place I would no of is Catholic Charities. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• if they want to continue education there are gov grants that help with that. Also check out local advocacy centers
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 8:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• in Sd we have a program called bright start //the people are nurses// which does birth to three evals and they come every two weeks and give you info to become a better parent...thats my advice
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• www.fastweb.com is a great place to start looking for scholarships

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It can vary from state to state. Fastweb is good, and the local library is another resource you should check out. Good luck to you and to them!
    Jesterqueen

Answer by Jesterqueen at 11:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• singlemom.com it doesnt just offer help with scholarships, also gives help on just about everything you can imagine. Very informative. Thats a great thing you're doing! Good luck to you and to them!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I was a teen mom and I went to the local community college that had a program called the teen parenting program!!! It is hard in this world as a teen mom but reassure them they are gonna be great moms!!! Good Luck to all!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2009