Do any moms out there suffer from fibromyagia ?

If so what do you use ? What treatments help you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• My mom has it. It used to be really bad to the point that she couldn't get out of bed some mornings she is even on social securty disabillity for it. last week her doctor gave her a medicne for her arthitis called humira and my mom said it was like a wonder drug. she is in no pain and is just doing a million times better. I don't know if you would be able to take it since it is techencally for RA but, i would suggest at least ASKING your dr! hope you find somethingsoon that helps. i know how hard it is!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I suffer from Fibro... and I am a bit different than most... I only take Ibuprofen (over the counter) for the pain... I will meditate to help control it and also deal with it...
    I know that ths sounds strange, but yrs ago I was hooked on px pain meds and now refuse to use any at all for pain unless it's over the counter..
    Talk to your dr and see what he/she recommends for you... each person is different...

Good luck and at any time you are having a bad day... feel free to pm me to talk...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes, I do. And I do not do the medication thing. I use Midol or Aleve when the pain is to bad and mainly try to manage my pain with excersize and diet... Meditation helps TONS too... But mostly I just push myself through the pain...

The best advice I can give you... Spend $20 on Amazon to buy The Idiots Guide to Fibromyalgia or Fibromyalgia for Dummies OR BOTH... they are a HUGE help with things like how to deal and what to eat...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i was diagnosed about 10 years ago with it
    i have found that most of the medicines they tried with me didn't help much, and sometimes made it worse. cutting out certain foods help, soda makes it worse
    right now i am not taking any medicine from a dr for it
    i take 10,000 iu of vit D3 a day and that has helped a LOT
    a good diet with lots of vegetables, not a lot of fats and sugars. not a lot of caffeine
    movement, though hard sometimes, is good. keep moving, i get stiffer and more pain if sitting in one position for awhile. trying not to spend too much time in bed, just bed for sleep, and also trying to keep on a sleep schedule. some of the best treatment is really the TLC plan. total life changes, or therapeutic life...dang now i can't remember what its called haha, but TLC. learning to live differently. better.the more medicine i was on the more i felt toxic. i also get a lot of headaches, have pcos & brain fog! lol
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Alos search for titles like:

The Fibromyalgia Cookbook

Yoga for Fibromyalgia

Reversing Fibromyalgia: The Whole-Health Approach to Overcoming Fibromyalgia Through Nutrition, Exercise, Supplements and Other Lifestyle Factors

What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia: The Revolutionary Treatment That Can Reverse the Disease

Each of these will provide you with information as to diet, excercise and other things that will help without meds!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• and am hypersensitive to a lot of medicine, especially pain medicines! crap
    so most of the time the things i do for pain, besides rest, heat or ice, water or massage is advil liquid gels or for headaches is exedrin tension headache
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009