Does anyone celebrate the Jewish feasts and celebrations?

Which ones do you celebrate and what do you do?

I was just asking because Yom Kippur is coming up and I was thinking about celebrating it (I am a Christian). I could fast and consider my ways, make confession, and thank the Lord for making atonement for my sins.

Do any other Christians do this?

http://biblicalholidays.com/Yom-Kipppur/yom-Kippur-Overview.htm

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 8:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yom Kippur -- September 28, 2009

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• stick to your own religion, please!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• AHHHHH! Tomorrow is Rosh Hashanah!!!!!! The Feast of Trumpets!!!! I think my DH actually has a shofar from Israel; we need to find it.

Rosh Hashanah

Messianic Significance in Rosh Hashana

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am not changing religions, but these are the celebrations that God has given to His people!!!

The reason I even looked into this today, was I was researching Tammuz worship and how Christmas and Easter are really holidays about Tammuz and Ishtar, that Christians have made about Jesus. And I began to wonder why we don't celebrate the holidays that God gave to us in the Bible. The early Christians in the Bible still celebrated the holidays and feasts (not out of legalism, but love for God).

So anyways, I was just thinking about ways to enhance our yearly celebrations.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I just wonder cinna, why you would do that, isn't that an act of worship specified for the jews?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• oh and i know i owe you something Cinna, i'll try to get to it soon. i just popped in quickly to check out what was happening and that something is loaded and i want to be take my time
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, I found a lot of information about the Messianic significance of all this Biblical holidays. The link I posted above has a lot of very beautiful info about how we can see Jesus coming for his bride in Rosh Hashanah.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The communal confession is an important part of Yom Kippur. Here are a couple of resouces to help you find a synagogue in your area. Be warned, tickets are often required for the high holidays.

www.urj.org

www.chabad.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• are jewish women allowed to go to the synogogue? are christian women allowed to enter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't know anon. Good question! LOL. But I don't really want to go to a traditional synagogue.

But I did find a great Messianic congregation about an hour away that seems really cool. It would be awesome to go there for their Messianic Rosh Hashanah service, sometime. And they do welcome all Christians, for sure.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009