What are your thoughts on pooping/farting in a public bathroom?

Do you think it is embarrassing to fart in a public bathroom? If so...why?
Do you prefer not to poop in a public bathroom, or doesn't it matter to you?
When you have to poop/fart in a public bathroom, do you try to wait until you are the only one in the bathroom?

Here are my reasons for asking this. I have a friend who MOSTLY refuses to poop in public, and have heard other people say that same thing. Personally, if I have to go, I go, that's what the bathrooms are there for. Farting on the other hand always seems embarrassing to me. I don't know WHY...I mean..it's natural, when you have to fart, you have to fart. This realization came to me...eh, maybe 3 weeks ago...when I had to fart and there was someone in the stall next to me, and I thought, well heck, I gotta fart, I'm gonna fart. And I did...and in the end I thought...why was that such a big deal?!
**I know this is a disgusting topic...but ah well, it had me thinking.

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 8:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i wont use a public batheroom period! not a roll of TP on the seat can make me sit my a$$ on them and im am not a hover queen either- so i save the bs til i get home. but i cannot stand when someone else blows that sh*t up! it smells worse then a damn barn because half the time the exhaust fans dont work or they dont have any.
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL! I hate to poop in public restrooms ESPECIALLY if its a one staler or a busy restroom! People waiting on you ugh not comforting, my business can not be rushed and the public is just down right rue and pushy lol even in a restroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I dont ever remember pooping in public EVER! I can hold it until I get home.

As for peeing.....I use a hoover method that works quite nicely.

Those toilets are NASTY NASTY NASTY and I wouldnt put my hind end on one to save my life........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I won't poo in public unless I feel sick like I might do it in my pants. As far as farting, if I know I am gassy I turn on the hand dryers when I walk in to muffle the sound lol!
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 8:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would rather not poop in a public bathroom, however I have a lot of times, because there are times when we're in the middle of a transfer from one duty station to the other, and we're spending days on the road / going from one airport to the other, and you don't have the luxury of waiting until you're at home, and since we're not staying anywhere more than one night at a time, we also can't hold it until we get back to the hotel, either. :-(

But, as a general rule, I would rather not.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son plays travel hockey there have been MANY times we are out of the house for the entire day. So I figure when you gotta go you gotta go! I do try to wait until others leave though. And for the seats I carry hand sanatizer inmy purse for EVERY seat and if it is dirty I will go out of my way to find a clean bathroom.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have but only at airports. Traveling always messes up my system!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't really care if people fart when they are in the restroom i know if you hold it in it makes your stomache hurt and sometimes you just can't hold it in. I feel the same way about people who poo while in the restroom, sometimes you just have to go. If i have to go really bad then i will otherwise i wait until i get home but it's never really bothered me and i've actually never thought about it until now lol.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Invariably, I walk into the stall when someone has just taken a steamy poop. I avoid public bathrooms and almost never poop in them. Farting, what can ya do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't really like to poop in public and I'll wait if I can, but sometimes you just can't wait. In that case, I just hope there's no one in there. If there is, i usually sit down, flush the toilet (because it's loud) and let it go while it's flushing. That usually makes me feel relief long enough for me to wait until people leave the restroom. As for farting, same thing really. But truthfully, we're somewhere where I KNOW I don't know anyone (another city, airport, etc.), then I really don't care b/c I'll never see them again in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009