What to do with a bullied 13 year old...?

Okay.... My little sister has been picked on since kindergarten. I don't know why? Is she just an easy target? Today she came home upset that her Geometry teacher changed the class seating and her new group told her they hated her... She is in the 8th grade.. I was a nice kid but if someone messed with me I turned into a demon and got my point across that no one was to mess with me... If someone touched me I had no remorse for hitting them a bit harder to get them to back off. I was Never in trouble and I rarely got picked on, but when I did I squished it and fast. Why can't she stand up for herself? Im 5'2 she is like 5'7 she towers over me and half of the kids in her school and she still gets picked on. How do I teach her to stand up for herself?
BTW I don't condone fighting/hitting, but if another kid is going to lay hands on her I will be the first to tell her to beat the sh!t out of that kid to protect herself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Talk to your mom about it and have her contact the school and let them know what is going on. If they are bullying her they are bullying others and school should have a 0 tolerance for that crap.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Most schools have a zero tolerance policy on bullying; this should have been brought up with the administration a long time ago.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sounds like your sister is a lot like I was at that age. Non confrontational therefor a target to be picked on.
    I got called all sorts of names and I never did anything about it. I would go home and cry every single day, but would pretend like it didn't bother me in front of them.
    The whole "ignore them and they'll leave you alone" crap is just that...crap. The more I would ignore them, the louder they would get and the harder they would try to get me to break.

I just had my 10 year reunion and was pleasantly UNsurprised to see that the same group of people that picked on me back then, are still exactly the same. Still in the same town doing the same things because if they were to venture out into the "real world" then their bullying would get their asses beat.

Your sister will be a better person. I firmly believe in karma. If she sinks to their level then she is no better than them.
    Rise above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009