One step up-

So, My boyfriend Of two years broke up with shortly after I got pregnant. I have now welcomed my new baby boy into my life about two weeks ago- Now his father wants to be back around. He signed the paternity papers with no arguments, agreed on child support, and is following the visitation guidlines. He seems to have grown by leaps and bounds since we broke up. He wants to try again, and "do right" by both of us, however I have a hard time beliving him still, ONLY because he has 3 other children he bearly knows. He walked away from their mothers as well during or shortly after pregnancy. I guess I feel its unfair to his other children that he is trying to make an effort with our son, and not them. I'm confused, I have always loved him, and I want so badly for him to be honest and truly mean what he says, but Im so hesitent.
Do u think a grown man of 30 can truly change his spots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do think a man can change but I would take things one step at a time, how about if he continues to be a good dad for a year you consider becoming more because ultimately its not about you or him its about the precious innocent baby who deserves 2 loving parents with as little drama as possible let his actions speak rathe rthan his words and tell him when you have had time to heal and know the new and improved him you will consider a relationship and until then thank him for being a stand up guy and a good dad
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Just keep in mind, the Mom(s) of the other 3 kids may come forward at any time and demand child support. Are YOU ready to possibly be a step-Mom to his other kids?

You will not be able to force him to be away from those kids, it's not right.

Now I have to ask, is he wanting to move in? (red flag there)

Proceed with caution, let him prove himself and don't let him move in for over a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with taking baby steps, and I would also mention his other children and how its unfair to them that he wants to be a father to your baby and not to them. My DH dad had nothing to do with him but has other children who he is close to and to this day he still has a lot of anger/ resentment/ hurt from that. You dont want someone like that unless they are going to change in many ways.. not just for you and your baby. Dont count him out, just be careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009