moms who don't work and collect child support vs sahms?

First I want to start off by saying I work and get child support.

My question is this...what's the difference between moms who collect child support and don't work and moms who stay at home? I get sick of seeing SAHMs who are saying "well my hubby has to pay $500 to HER and she doesn't even work." And people saying "she needs to get a job." If you're struggling that bad then ALL of you need to work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel if a MOM is getting enough $ from her EX to be able to stay home, then he is paying her too much money.

Child support is to supplement the care of the child, not to support the Mom who takes care of the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• child support is an obligation, just because you leave the parent doesnt mean you are no longer responsible it doesnt matter how much money the sole custody parent has or doesnt have it doesnt change teh fact that the parent who doesnt have custody has an obligation, and I would have to agree if people are staying at home by choice then they cant really bitch about not having enough money but personally I feel SAHM have made a choice as to what is best fro their family, i find it hard to believe soemone could support their entire family on child support alone but if they can then more power to them and if they are with someone else who gives them teh luxury of being able to stay home again more power to them. You DESERVE that child support whether your working or not because its not about you its about the kid. I hate hearing people bitch about paying child support, you should have kept it in your pants how much do condoms cos
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Why should her lifestyle have to change bc they split up? Why should his $ pay for someone to stay home with the other kids and not his first? Why does that child deserve to get shorted a father in the home full-time and mom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with anon. Sometimes the ex isnt just paying child support. My dh was married b4 and when him and his ex divorced he had to pay her $1000 a month in alimony.. and they have no children! Must have been nice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• To me there is no difference. I have experience with this because my husband pays child support to his oldest daughters mom and she does not work out side the home. She chooses to stay home and probably would even if she werent collecting support.

I can understand how unfair it seems that money goes out for child support when the mother wont even work to help raise the child. That is my issue with her.

This is just my input.
    Sarlinda

Answer by Sarlinda at 9:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, its CHILD support, not mom and child support. The money he is paying should be used to support the child, and take care of the child's needs. NOT THE MOTHERS!! If he is paying enough for her not to have to work to support HERSELF then he is paying way too much.

As a SAHM, I do my job in my family. My husbands job, his role, is to be the breadwinner. He goes to a "job" everyday. My role to take care of my kids and my home. We have a partnership, and both have different roles that cause our home to run smoothly.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am a SAHM and get child support for my 18mo. BUT I am in the process of starting up my part time Reiki practice. 100% of her child support goes to HER and her needs. I don't have many expenses so what I manage to make from odd jobs and savings goes to her too. The amount of support is based off of the assumption that I make triple the amount of minimum wage and work full time. I have no issue with that and will not ever try to get it raised. If I could support the two of us off of his payments that would be wrong to me... anyways I LOVE buying things for her and most of the time any spare money I get goes to her and doing fun things:D I do work for my daughter, and let me tell you it is WORK, not just sitting around on some one else's dime!
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The mom collecting child support has a job of raising her kid(s) too, how is her role different?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Dad's have to pay child support. That's part of being a dad.

There's really nothing dad's new woman can do or say that would ever make that wrong.
    Anonymous

• Why should she have someone else raise her child while she works if she doesn't have to. Personally I don't think it's of anyone's concern. We all raise our children differently. I mean really, she's not getting welfare so who cares!
    BTW I work 2 jobs and wish I could be there more!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009