COULD I HAVE MY BABY SOON???

OK I WENT TO MY APPOINMENT TODAY AND GOT CHECKED AND THEY TOLD ME I WAS 2 1/2 CENTIMETERS DILATED DOES THAT MEAN I COULD HAVE MY DAUGHTER ANY DAY NOW

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, who knows. What your cervix is doing is not an indication of when you'll labor.
    So you can work to forget that info~ and avoid future ones, too.

You could have your baby in 2 hours or 2 weeks. Or more.
    No way to know until you're heavily into active labor, and even then, maybe yes, maybe no.
    Sorry, this is how it goes.

When are you due? Is this your first baby?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Not necessarily. I'm 38 weeks and 4 cm. and 70% effaced...I have been like this since saturday night. :(
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It depends on many things. I was 3cm. dialated with my 3rd son for almost 2 weeks and in addition had lost my mucus plug. Every pregnancy is different so who knows. Maybe she will come soon or it could be a week or so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• WELL IS MY FIRST BUT I BEEN FEELING WEIRD PAINS CUZ 3 DAYS AGO I WAS ONLY 70% EFFACED AND NO DILATION AND TODAY THEY CHECKED AND IM 2 1/2 CENTIMETERS DILATED SO IDK IM THINKING SHE MIGHT COME OUT IN A WEEK OR SO.
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i went in to an appointment at 2 cm dilated on a tuesday went up to the birth center on thursday with contractions (still 2cm) came back sunday morning with contractions around 11:30 am (6cm dilated) and was holding my baby in my arms by 1:35 pm that day ;) any day now
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was 35 wks. gest with my son, dilated at 5 cm, and was finally induced at 42 weeks. My suggestion? If you want it now, walk as much as you can, have sex as much as you can, and eat spicy food. I just lazed out and did nothing.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my guess would be that she will be born in the next week, but it's just that, a guess! good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009