How do I do this right without stressing her out?

We are attempting to potty train our DD, we know she is ready. And she LOVES to wear her panties, and also hates diapers/pull ups so today we decided to buy her more panties, we lucked out cause there was a pack with ALL her favorite characters on it!!! Well she has been doing really good today, pottied twice on her "big girl potty" with no accidents. But I feel like I am nagging her, every five mins I ask "do you have to go potty?" or say "dont potty on blue" and I feel like if I keep this up I will stress her out, how should I be going about this? I dont want to frustrate her or discourage her in anyway, and she really has been doing great for her first "real" day of full on potty training. I am just so scared for her to go on the floor...

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 9:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she has an accident dont flip out just clean it up and on with the day like it never happened
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My daughter is the same way.. but we have had many many accidents on the floor! She used to not be bothered by it but now she just says "oh no!" and runs to the potty. Just yesterday she has started going a few times w/o me even mentioning it. But as soon as a diaper or pull up goes on she doesnt care anymore. There will be accidents but just say its ok and remind her to remember that feeling and run run run to the potty next time! Good luck!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Instead of asking her all the time get a timer. Set it for 20 minutes or so and tell her when it goes off we are going to go try to go potty. That why you don't have to ask and she will know what is expected when the timer goes off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Dont make a big deal of the accidents but def when she pottys do because she well associate attention with the potty
    marisab

Answer by marisab at 10:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• im doing the smae thing right now...i printed off a list that i put on the frig and everything she pees, wipes, etc she gets a sticker... and if she gets a whole day or say 6 stickers in a roll i give her a little treat an dinner.... and if she goes all week/5 days with out any real accidents i would get her a lil toy...and after that one good week of potty training she should have it down .... keep up the stickers.... it will be something fun ....pos reinforcement... teachers do this kind of stuff. even for older students...
    missichelle

Answer by missichelle at 11:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009