etopic pregnancy?

I cant go to a doctor unless i know for sure i have something wrong with me (no insurance). Has anyone had an etopic pregnancy? if so can you please tell me what your symptoms were? I dont mean to be uncaring but im really worried. Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• I just had an ectopic in June. My symptoms were mostly a lack of symptoms, if that makes sense. My pregnancy tests were all faintly positive, and I didn't FEEL pregnant. Not mentally or physically. I also bled 4 days after I ovulated, which is very VERY out of the ordinary for any woman. Then I had some bad cramping, a little spotting and then HORRIBLE pain in my right side. I collapsed from the pain and called an ambulance. They took me to the hospital and 3 hours later I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy. They operated 2 hours later.

The symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are low HCG counts, lack of pregnancy symptoms and one-sided pain. I can tell you right now that waiting until you're sure will mean it's too late to treat it without surgury. And the surgury sucks. So even though you can't afford it, go to the doctor anyway. It's worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• PS what makes yout hink you might have an ectopic?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Please look into Medicaid for Pregnant women. I just read today that you can actually have quite a high income and still qualify. If you are pregnant you really need to seek prenatal care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here

ive been bleeding before my periods for the last 2 months(bleed for 4 days then stop for two days then period comes) and everytime i have sex i bleed. I dont have rough sex so its not from that. I have pain and extreme pressure in my pelvic area when i have a bm. and if i stay in one position to long my left side starts to hurt, its not extreme pain but its enough for me to notice. I am also experiancing pelvic pain and pressure when i stand for long periods. currently ive been bleeding for 3 straight days and my period ended 6 days ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here again. Idk if im pregnant. i havent had any pregnancy syptoms. I plan on testing tonight though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you are pregnant how far along would you be? Ectopics typically rupture around 6 weeks. They CAN rupture as late as 10 or 12 weeks, but it's usually 6. I was 5 weeks and mine was on the verge of rupturing. If you're further along than 6 weeks then you're probably out of the woods.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• mommorgan, I don't think you died from your ectopic :p

But really, untreated ectopic has a 50% mortality rate for mom.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Op again
    Again i wouldnt know because ive had what seems to be normal periods besides the bleeding before hand. If i had to take a wild guess i would have to say no ore than 4 weeks along. DH works alot so we dont have much time for sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Thank you Ali

Im going to test tonight and call a doc in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If I had to take a wild guess, judging by your symptoms I would say that you don't have an ectopic. But I didn't think I had an ectopic either until I almost lost consciousness in my hallway at 3 AM. Like I said, if you can catch an ectopic early enough to be treated with drugs and not surgury then it's worth it. The surgury was $20,000. The drugs, including the office visits are like $600. So definatley get it checked out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009