should you give the H1N1 FLU SHOT?

HAVE YOU GIVEN OR THINK ABOUT GIVING YOUR CHILD THE FLU SHOT? IS IT SAFE? HOW BOUT THE H1N1 ARE YOU PLANNING ON GIVING IT TO YOUR BABY? I NEED HELP SHOULD I GIVE IT TO MY DAUGHTER...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is your decision! I am not giving it to my son! I have done my research and homework and have decided not to give my son this vaccine. My son is two and current on all his vaccines and even had a flu shot last year. I am not giving him this shot, because it was produced too quickly and because of the failure that happened with the last vaccine that was produced in 1976! Do your homework and if you choose to give this to your daughter, then you are doing what you think is best for your daughter and I will respect you. Just do your research before you make a decision!
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Honestly? Absolutely not! How many vaccinations are out there that have been recalled and now have law suits? H1N1 or whatever has only been known for the past 8 months or so. Would you give your child an immunization that's being tested on them? Do you really want to use your tiny child as a guinea pig? Personally, no thanks. I trust my child in the hands of a doctor that's dealt with this more than an immunization that's still in infancy stages itself.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I did give my daughter a flu shot, but am also on the fence about H1N1 shot. I think that if my daughter had a weak immune system or was around a lot of other kids, or for the elderly I would be more serious about her getting it.. but she is pretty healthy and so I think she will be fine without it. Dont just do it because a dr tells you to, and dont not do it because other ppls opinions.. make sure you choose what you think is right for your baby.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I refuse to let my children be guinea pigs for the government.

Its un tested, new and last time it caused a ton of issues. You need to do your research.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am not going to be letting them give it to him... especially with the news that the first doses will be a mist meaning a live virus... no i dont think so... it needs more testing imo
    harteri

Answer by harteri at 1:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2009