BV

is there anything i can do for bv instead of going to the doctor about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• Yes. BV is not very successfully treated with antibiotics. It seems to not respond and to come back a lot when treated with the antibiotics. What I did was go pantiless as much as possible, eat a lot of yogurt, take a really good probiotic and a strong garlic suppliment. It was gone in a week.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry, Ati 13 is wrong. It is sucessfully treated with medications. I'm sorry she didn't have good results with it. There are primarily 3 different bacteria that can cause BV and each are treatable...you do need to have the right medication, though. You need to see your doc and if you chose not to, then that is on you.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Michelle, no need to be sorry, I suppose we just have different sources. BV has a very high reoccurance rate precisely because antibiotics are not effective against it. The only thing that BV can do to you if left untreated is give you a little discomfort until your body can get rid of it unless you are planning uterine surgury. If you ahve surgury with BV then there is a bigger chance that you can contract PID.

It IS successfully treated without medications, though. You don't have to see a doc for BV.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009