Anybody know how to make quitting smoking easier? I am dieing here! LOL

Mama2Cailleigh

Asked by Mama2Cailleigh at 7:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I went through a hospital based program called smoke stoppers it was great. You may wish to check with your local hospital for any programs. Having a support system of the other folks was invalueable. If you are going it alone...buy some pretzel sticks and smoke em...I went through bags and bags!!! Those hands had to stay busy!!! good luck...it is worth all of the pain!! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Suck on cinnamon candy, chew cinnamon gum and use cinnamon mouthwash. From what I understand, that flavor and tobacco tastes REALLY bad together. Also drink lots of grapefruit juice because you need to get that Vitamin C in your system. Take one day at a time. Quitting any addiction is hard. You just gotta stick to it! Best wishes for a great recovery!
    HBP1236

Answer by HBP1236 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My parents both quit years ago, cold turkey. Try it, you will feel so much better after you kick the habit. My Mom did, years after she quit, develope asthma, so you need to do it now!! Good luck! You can do it!!!!
    Anonymous

• the only way i ever quit was going cold turkey and i just had to stop making excuses to smoke. the only thing after that was sticking to it. oh and i never quit if i was bored. you have to find things to do! keep yourself busy. hope that helps.
    blessifur23

Answer by blessifur23 at 5:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2008