What am I suppose to do?

Ok i went for my check up today im 23 weeks prego well my doctor told me i need to not gain anymore weight.. I have gained 30 pounds ... It's going to be really hard for me not to gain anymore weight what am i suppose to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• let it be don't over eat just eat as normal as you can ( hard to with the cravings.) you will be fine you only have less than 20 weeks to go. Just don't go over board your body will tell you what you need. thats why we get those cravings. LOL some doctors are quacks. U know best. listen to your body & instincts. Good luck & congrats
    butterflie83

Answer by butterflie83 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Were you already over weight pre-pregnancy?
    Even if so, "telling" you to do/not do something that you can't always help is not kind.
    :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was 170 when i got prego and im 5'1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Try going for walks everyday/night. I gained I think like 7-10 pounds for the first 7ish months. Then I was laid off and gained another 12 in like a month and a half. It sucked. Lol. I wish i had walked during that last month and a half.....
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• :( i agree that was not nice. did he give you any advice even on how to manage your weight better? my ideas would be to go for walks, go swimming, eat snacks between meals, try writing down what you eat along with calories for a few days to see how many calories you are consuming because you might be eating more than you think. i know those things helped me lose weight (when i wasn't pg btw) maybe that can help you not to gain 30 more lbs in the rest of your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• at my hospital they arent allowed to talk about weight :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• a food journal might help. I've read that 300 extra calories daily is all you need for the baby. Try eating more raw foods. They will fill you up better. Leafy greens, oranges, spinach, kale. Don't drink any calories. No milk or water. Often, if you cut wheat and dairy from your diet you can only eat really healthy good stuff that's low in calories and full of nutrition. I stopped eating wheat in order to conceive and I lost 10 lbs in 1 month without trying.

I write a food blog daniellecooks.wordpress.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think that last answer is just full of bad advice! Did she really just tell you to stop eating whole grains and not to drink milk and water?!?!? Seriously... I agree that eating lots of fruits and veggies is good for you, but just skip the rest of ecodani's advice please...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009