Why am I feeling this way? Almost panicking, kind of sad, and irritable?

So I leave for Cali tomorrow for an entire week. I've had this arranged for a month, but I am so overwhelmed. I'm nervous, upset, and my heart keeps beating really fast. Sometimes I even feel like crying. I don't get it, I've done this before what's my deal? I feel like I'm going to miss my kids and husband way more than the last trip. Reason for the trip: My best friend is single and having a baby and I get to be labor coach! The rest of the time will be spent with my son(please don't judge long story)whom I only get to see a few times a year. I take trips for him all the time. I can't figure out this feeling? How can I relax?
Any thoughts are more than welcome!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like you have anxiety issues and are having panic attacks. I would call the Dr. and ask for some Xanax, it's just a quick fix medication, but it works wonders for some situations. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• aww sweetheart calm down. you are prob just nervous to go. leave your husband. i would be extremly nervous. but i never have left him before. aww im sorry you only get to see your son once in a while. cheer up hun. just remb its your best friend, and shes having a baby, very exciting. just try not too be too upset. :) cheer up baby. u arent preg r u? lol sorry
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• lol! No got the tubes tied! Just had my last baby. In fact that's another strange thing, I already had my period this month and I just started again today!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I had the same thing when I left my daughter for a few days. I am on anxiety med though and it does help, a lot! Once you get there you are going to be so busy and having a wonderful moment with your friend and your anxiety will disappear b4 u know it!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, I think you answered your question. Your period started again after you've already had it . . . it's hormones honey. Don't worry! As soon as you're there with your friend, you will forget your anxieties . . . what an exciting moment. It's wonderful of you to go and be there for her. My mom came up to help me and I ended up having a c-section, so what a saving grace she was . . . as you will be! And you will get to see your other baby. Look at it as a good opportunity for Daddy to spend some quality one on one time with the kids! You'll be fine . . . stop torturing yourself!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009