can i do this?

my doctor told me i need to do some walking .. It is ok to walk on the treadmill? I can't get out and walk where i live dont trust anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• yes.. walking on a treadmill is fine! i live in philadelphia, and i feel the same way.. there would be NO WAY i would walk around my "neighborhood" But when it is nice outside maybe try to find a nice park or lake to walk around to mix things up. I know i get bored on the treadmill easily and it begins to collect dust. I found a beautiful park that is a mile walk around a lake in NJ that i absolutely love! Good luck on your walking.. but the treadmill should be just fine, walking is walking no matter where you do it!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Of course it is.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Oh it's the same thing. Well, you miss out on the fresh air perks, but not being murdered, raped and mugged are big plusses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Heck yes it's fine! That's how I get all my exercise. I live on the coast in SC and it's STILL humid, hot, and sticky. I won't be walking outside for at least another month then it'll get too warm again by April.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 8:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Is it really that bad? I walk around Bronx, New York at midnight....if you want fresh air...carry pepper spray
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009