REALLY, REALLY THIS IS MY JOB TOO ??? NEED ALL ANSWERS I CAN GET

POSTED ELSEWHERE AS WELL, I NEED ALL THE ANSWERS I CAN GET, INCASE IT GOES TO COURT!!!

MY EX FAMILY IS ALWAYS COMPLAINING THAT THEY NEVER SEE THE KIDS---THEY TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN AND WHEN OTHER PEOPLE APPROACH ME AND SAY "OH I SAW SO AND SO AND SHE SAID SHE HASN'T SEEN THE KIDS IN SOOOOO LONG" IT PISSES ME OFF TO THE MAX!!! THEY DO NOT CALL, WRITE, EMAIL, COME OVER OR ANYTHING!! IS IT REALLY MY RESPONSIBILTY TO CALL THEM AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO SO THEY CAN SEE THE KIDS, REALLY IS IT, THEY ARE THE ONES TO LAZY TO PICK UP A PHONE, REALLY???? REALLY???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say if they want to see the kids, they should contact you first and then you can help fascilitate a relationship but I think you're right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't say it's your responsibility but maybe you should take the first step just to break the ice. Invite them over and if they don't show up or have some excuse then oh well, at least you tried.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• legally speaking they have grandparental rights to see the kids, but if they make NO contact then they are shit out of luck it's their own fault they dont see them. Some people just have to gripe to others so they dont look like the bad ones. ignore them or tell them they can call, write or e-mail or come by if they want to see them and if not? screw them. If your kids were THAT important to them they WOULD make an effort to see them now wouldnt they?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No, it is NOT your job. NOT AT ALL.

The ONLY thing you have to tell them is, "Call me when you'd like to come over."

Period. End of discussion.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Coming from someone who had ex-in-law's that acted in the similar fashion - you are NOT wrong, they are, and they need to get off their high horses.

Coming from someone who is now a grandmother - you are still right! When the time comes for my daughter to get her own home with my granddaughter, I know that it will be up to me to go see her whenever possible because that is how it is supposed to be. It would be nice to be invited over sometimes, though, so that I know that I am welcomed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009